SCD Store Policy
Thank you for purchasing Security Camera Direct products. We are committed to providing reliable products and services to our customers.
After-sale Services: If you run into any technical issues with our product or even if you believe that the product you received is defective, please first call our Telephone Technical Support at the first instance. Our team of experts will assist you with your problems and will also provide you with a helpful return should that be deemed necessary.
Return Policy: Within 30 days of purchase, we accept: returns, store credit, and refund. You must first contact our Technical Support Team/Customer Service to obtain an RMA Form. You must fill this form and attach it to the returning package. Returns without a properly filled RMA Form attached to the packaging will not be accepted. Returned products must not be defective (other than clear quality defects) and all original accessories and packaging must be in place to qualify for a full refund or store credit. Otherwise, it will be at our discretion to either make a partial refund or to reject your return.
Outside of the 30 day return period stated above, we only accept returns by reason of clear quality defects after Telephone Technical Support yielded no success. All of our DVRs, NVRs, IP CAMERAs, HD‐CVI CAMERAs carry a 3 Year Limited Warranty. PTZ carry a 2 Year Limited Warranty. Accessories carry a 1 Year Limited Warranty.
We reserve the right to determine whether or not the returned product has quality defects. Please note that quality defects do not include physical damages and damages caused by misuse or mishandling. We will notify you within seven business days of our determination and upon our approval, we will issue a refund or credit within fifteen business days. Returned products must not be defective (other than clear quality defects) and all original accessories and packaging must be in place to qualify for a full refund or store credit. Otherwise, it will be at our discretion to either make a partial refund or to reject your return.
Please cooperate with our technical support team prior to any attempts of returning a product. Failure to cooperate may result in a delayed or denied refund. All shipping charges for returning products are the responsibility of the purchaser.
OPTIONAL ADVANCED REPLACEMENT AGREEMENT
This is an optional agreement entered into between SCD and our trusted purchasing customers (hereinafter “Purchasers”). By signing below SCD. and the undersigned Purchasers agree as to the following Advanced Replacement terms:
1. Within the product warranty period, if the Purchaser (a) find our product to be defective and (b) after telephone technical support with SCD yielded to no satisfactory result, and (c) therefore requests SCD to replace the defective product, SCD shall immediately comply with the replacement request.
2. The Purchaser must within ten business days of making the replacement request return the defective product to SCD replacement obligation is specifically not contingent upon receiving the returned product. This arrangement is to benefit the Purchaser by shortening the Purchaser’s waiting time for a replacement.
3. After SCD receives the returned defective product but determines the defect is not due to quality reasons SCD shall immediately notify the Purchaser. Non‐quality reasons, for example, include shipping damages, cut wires, and other signs of misuse or mishandling that are specifically not covered under this agreement. Upon aforesaid notice, SCD is hereby pre‐authorized by the Purchaser to charge 60% of the product’s sales price from the Purchaser’s credit card on file. SCD shall thereafter ship the same returned product back to the Purchaser with a brief written explanation.
4. If the Purchaser fails to return the defective product within ten business days after having received the replacement product, the replacement product will be deemed a purchase at full price. Purchaser hereby pre‐authorizes SCD to charge the full purchase price from their credit card on file. If SCD later receives the defective product out of time SCD shall promptly ship the same product back to the Purchaser.
5. If the Purchaser dispute SCD determination stated in the above paragraph 3 or if the parties have any dispute arising out of any and all of their business transactions it is hereby agreed that the parties shall resolve their differences through binding arbitration by American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The specific location for the arbitration shall be an AAA office located at the approximate mid‐point between the parties’ corporate locations so each party will bear an approximately equal burden of traveling. The Purchaser agrees to participate in the arbitration in good faith and shall promptly pay for the purchaser’s side of the fee obligation for arbitration. If the purchaser fails to participate in good faith or to pay fees SCD may seek proper legal remedies including a court order to enforce this clause, in which event the purchaser shall reimburse SCD reasonable legal fees